Sunday, March 18, 2007

delhi


in Delhi I found a home, in the company of my dear friends Kanika and Azfar. Kanika is a local and welcomed me most whole-heartedly into a life of home-cooked feasts and neighborhood jaunts. my adopted Indian grandmother felt much like my own. a warm heart has no cultural boundaries, be it Indian or Polish. in little time I understood the extreme duality which exists in the interior and exterior worlds of India. in an instant I was transported in a rusty rickshaw to a place of great splendor, the Imperial, one of the majestic hotels of Delhi. I momentarily forgot the mesmerizing eyes of poverty in the surrounding streets. yet this is what India is all about, the people. I am fortunate enough to know them from the inside.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger constanza said...

might you be needing more luggage soon or are you leaving a trail of ragged travel attire along the way. A continued bon voyage my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home