Friday, February 23, 2007

to fly!








today I experienced the feeling of flight, 12,000 feet above the snow-capped Southern Alps, my first sky-dive! I can barely describe the sensation of sitting aboard a plane, strapped to a complete stranger who I put my full faith and trust in, peering out the window at the most magestic views, knowing that in moments I will be floating above such splendor. this is perhaps the most stimulating 45 seconds of a high that is difficult to put into words. I lost my breath as we so casually fell out of the plane into the inviting sky. the parachute all too quickly opened as I floated back to earth, ending the physical sensation while the soul continued to soar. this feeling I will keep with me for the length of this journey...and yes, I am addicted to this high and desire to jump again! for the moment I will remain safely on ground...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home