Saturday, June 16, 2007

to live and laugh



love and laughter are key ingredients towards a happy life. "I often laugh at nothing, but I always laugh" says Mudarta, who I call the laughing man. a Balinese local with a contagious smile and warm countenance, whose laughter provokes a smile in even the most dour face. Mudarta has a very wise approach to life. such wisdom is learned in the invaluable school of life and cannot be taught. I took a liking to him immediately, and in the days that followed we drove throughout Bali, to the sacred temple of Tanah Lot where I was blessed with holy water, and far away to the still active Batur volcano. time of visual stimulation and insights. it is through such interaction with others that I learn the most about life.

skillfullly crafted masks found on the roadside in Ubud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home