Saturday, May 26, 2007

island of the gods

in the belief of reincarnation, our deeds, wealth, and love determine the next life. I would like mine to be lived in Bali. this is a beautiful land where people smile often and the art of creation brings nourishment to the soul. Ubud is a haven for artists, writers and anyone seeking spiritual enlightenment. my days are spent in admiration of the great artistic expression present in the temples, paintings, dance, even the food of which each mouthful I savour. might I mention the art of massage which I experience as often as possible. at the hands of master painter Nyoman Sudadnya I am learning the techniques of Batik painting, quite a skill involving hot wax and patience. amidst the miles of rice fields this composition of my life continues...

a batik comes to life from the recesses of a vivid imagination...

2 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger eszorenyi said...

Wow... do you have a photo of that beautiful picture you painted? I would love to see! -Em

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, I agree with eszorenhyi (?)... and I think you should not only write, but paint in a carriable journal whatever you get to see, or get inspired by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home