Monday, April 23, 2007

ho chi minh city (saigon)



it is here in Vietnam that exhaustion has finally caught up with me. this is a rapidly moving city, everyone seems to be zipping by on a scooter, and to cross the street is quite an interactive experience. perhaps it's the intense heat or over-stimulation of the past four months, or perhaps the desire to simply call a place my home. my mind is filled with so many visions, at once they form a most elaborate composition of people and places...the world has taken residence in my head. these days in Saigon are spent indulging in bowls of Pho, those noodles which I love, and a little bit of shopping (I will save my energy for the tailors in Hanoi). and of course a great deal of culture. a heavy day of history at the War Remnants Museum. what is it that they say, be careful when discussing religion and politics? I would have to agree. tomorrow the Mekong Delta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home