Wednesday, March 28, 2007

the feeling of india




"the simple and astonishing truth about India and Indian people is that when you go there, your heart always guides you more wisely than your head. there's nowhere else in the world where that's quite so true". these are the words of Gregory David Roberts whose book 'Shantaram' I inhale with eager anticipation. this is perhaps why I love the feeling of India so much, because it is a place where the heart reigns. my heart feels full here as I stroll the many bazaars in search of a sari in which to brave the summer heat, as a sacred cow takes refuge in the middle of the road. a small child approaches me with those soft pleading eyes which you simply can't turn away from. the streets are crowded with human traffic, there is an unsettling feeling in the air. unmistakably you feel alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home