Thursday, December 06, 2007

mexico city!

12 hours, 4 films and many thoughts later, I have landed in Mexico City, the beginning of the end of mygrand adventure. I am living in the most charming home in Condesa, an artists refuge which was recently opened to soulful travelers by a most hospitable Mexican named Jorge. I immediately felt at home and upon my arrival I met Evelyn who too was traveling solo from NYC. a serendipitous meeting resulting in instant friendship. together we caroused this vibrant city that spoke of a colorful history, and became enamored with the art, culture and indeed the food! huevos rancheros has become a staple in my diet, at least for the moment.


the courtyard of the Palacio Nacional in the Zocalo, the heart of old Mexico City. within it´s walls Diego Rivera´s murals reveal the history of Mexico.



























a modern and majestic sculpture along Paseo de la Reforma.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,
I work at Karar's sports pub in WHB, NY. I know your brother and I have met you too. I asked how you were and your brother gave me your blog. He was so proud to tell me about your travels.
Your work is fantastic and your writting is beautifuly done.
BROVO!! Enjoy Life,
Diane Jones ")

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger painted lady said...

Hello, I am an artist and am travelling to Mexico for 2 months next year and would love to enquire about staying in the artists refuge in Condesa. Would you be so kind as to provide me with their contact details? Many thanks, Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home