Friday, October 12, 2007

luberon

"slowly in the morning, not too quickly in the afternoon". such is the pace of life in the Luberon region, the true heart of Provence. my journey began in Lourmarin, one of the most charming villages in this part of the world. there I found a small Provencal market filled with local lavendar and handicrafts, a not so small castle, and winding streets in which to lose yourself, which of course I did.


from there I entered Roussillon, a landscape of ochre cliffs in brilliant hues of reds and oranges, illuminated most majestically by the late morning light.
after lunch my tour continued to the 12th-century Cistercian Abbey of Senanque, where a community of monks live in present day.the final stop in Luberon was the hilltop village of Gordes where I had a last look at this magestic landscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home