Friday, August 03, 2007

aegean dream


every morning I wake up to the turquoise calm of the Aegean Sea, in the village of Turgutreis on the Bodrum peninsula. this is the summer home of my dear friends Karen and Emre and little Elanur, the most adorable Turkish American baby I have so quickly grown to love! the first 3 months of her life she is spending summering in the Hamptons and Bodrum, quite a privileged life! needless to say Ela and I have bonded in the last few days as I learn the many lessons of motherhood. yesterday Karen, Ela and I ventured to the Greek island of Kos for a little tsatziki. these paradisic days are spent on the beach, swimming, boating in these tranquil waters, dining on grand turkish feasts of meze...in warm reminiscences of many years of friendship in a life that continues to unravel much like a dream..

2 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger eszorenyi said...

Oh... Kasia, please say hi to Emre and Karen! Congratulations to their super cute baby!
Emese

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger gosia said...

Baby Ela is so precious!
Congratulations to Karen and Emre
Kisses
Gosia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home