Thursday, July 19, 2007

my life as a geisha

the last few days have been spent bicycling around this engaging city, seeking out hidden treasures in the form of temples. I have seen many and more to come in the days ahead as tomorrow we venture to Naga followed by Koya-San...I am still in surreptitious pursuit of a Geisha as these women strangely intrigue me. ah, and I cannot forget to mention all the sushi feasts accompanied by bottles of sake...this evening I took a bath. the Funaoka Onsen is a traditional Japanese bath house with an outdoor bath, sauna, cypress-wood tub, herbal bath...I have never felt so clean! this was indeed an experience.The Golden Pavilion of the Rokuon-Ji Temple
the rock garden at the Ryoanji Temple

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girl it's Kia! You look fabulous and happy! I have been watching your travels, I am soooo jealous!! I love every place you have been to! I am so proud and happy that you did this.
Lata girl!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger mary charas healy said...

tell us about one lousy experience pleeeeeease!! Hahah!!! xo M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home