Sunday, December 31, 2006

the adventure begins in buenos aires...


on december 10th I landed in Buenos Aires, one of my 5 favorite cities. though I have about 30 more to become acquainted with in the many months ahead, I am certain BsAs will remain high on the list. it's quite an ideal city for those coming from the North, so full of life and culture. I feel like a movie star with the affordability of it all. BA is so rich with sights, sounds, tastes and fabulous shopping! Recoleta Cemetery is most magestic, replete with old souls and cats. we spent an evening at the elegant Feina Hotel, designed by Phillip Starck, as well as Sucre, one of our many fine dining experiences. life was grand! our apartment was in palermo viejo, complete with a rooftop jacuzzi and gorgeous views of the city. after taking a few spanish classes to brush up on my language skills, as well as a tango class, I felt like a Portena, well, not quite. but I felt quite at home there. I will definitely return for more!
a final glass of Malbec with Jason, Ato, Sooji, and Jimena.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home